The characteristics of CTI:
- Collects data from multiple sources such as open-source and industrial data feeds, and internal and external sources.
- Creates customized and prioritized alerts based on the IT infrastructure of the organization.
- Helps in identifying initial Indicators of Compromise (loCs) and bit by bit pivots on to spot connected indicators and artifacts to assess the likelihood of an attack.
- provides an ability to implement new protection strategies to forestall future attacks.
- provides an understanding of active campaigns that include who, what, when, where, why, and how rising security threats.
- Recommends numerous remediation and risk mitigation solutions.
- It provides insight into the likelihood of risks and their impact on business.
Benefits of Cyber Threat Intelligence
Nowadays, many organizations have found that threat intelligence has become a necessity. Organizations use threat intelligence to prevent and protect their IT infrastructure from various internal and external threats. Threat intelligence also helps these organizations in identifying various cyber risks that affect their business; which helps organizations take defensive measures to mitigate the risks. Properly applied CTI program helps in the following:
- Providing greater insight into cyber threats.
- Preventing data loss by identifying the causes of data leakage.
- Guiding in incident response.
- Conducting data analysis to spot the exploitable data.
- Providing actionable strategic and tactical choices.
- Conducting threat analysis for detecting advanced threats
- Sharing threat info to spread awareness.
- identifying locs.
- Discovering tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) for potential attacks.
- detecting breaches at early or initial stage.
- leveraging the threat modeling process.
- Utilizing indicators for building an additional proactive perimeter defense.
- Focusing primarily on the most exploitable vulnerabilities and threats.
- Prioritizing loСs for quicker detection and increase of potential events.
- Providing scenario awareness through contextual data that helps security teams to shift their investigation from specific indicators to attacker TTPs.
- Enhancing internal security systems by configuring security controls with threat intelligence to automatically block important threat indicators.
- Decreasing incident response time by providing context to different security incidents using threat intelligence.
- Implementing an intelligence-driven patch management process to identify and prioritize critical vulnerabilities to patch first.
- Providing high-level situational awareness to management and executives to understand significant threats and allocate necessary resources to protect critical assets and business processes.
- Promoting communication with internal and external stakeholders about different business risks and possible actions of the threat actors in the future and return on investment (ROI) in security.
- Automating SIEM solutions with threat intelligence to connect events with attacks more quickly and assuredly.
- Enabling incident response and forensic teams to quickly recover from the damage caused by attacks and prevent evolving attacks
- Providing greater insight to the management to allocate sufficient budget to mitigate business risks.
Secure Your Organization’s Mind with Securemind.se